P.O. Box 443 Ludlow, MA 01056 413-204-0592

Menu

Mission Statement

Our mission is to increase firearms safety and self-defense to our clients as well as enhance the personal safety and awareness to individuals seeking additional training. Safety is our #1 priority. We offer Firearm Safety courses which meet the requirements to obtain your License To Carry Pistols/Firearms (LTC)/ Firearms Identification Card (FID) permits in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, NH, FL and many other states. During our courses you will be handling firearms throughout the course.

In our advance training courses we apply our S.M.A.R.T approach to self-defense.

Our S.M.A.R.T approach to Threat Perception and Self-Defense

S- Strategic- Long term or overall identification of goals and means of achieving them. 540 degree of situational awareness (Tactical Mindset/ What if game!)

M- Manipulation- Control or influence (A person or situation) to be clever, turn odds to your favor. (Recognize your advantage and assailants disadvantage)

A- Acceptability- Operational Plan. Determination as to whether the contemplated course of action is worth the cost. (Injuries, Life or Death)

R- Resilient- Being able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions/ situations, staying strong and flexible. (Mental and physical preparedness)

T- Technique- The execution to complete a self-defense skill. (To quickly overcome your assailant)

In today’s society there are hostile acts committed everyday towards innocent people!

Don’t let today be your day – our motto is:

“IF IT’S POSSIBLE, IT’S PREVENTABLE”!

“It’s better to be prepared and have a skill and not need it, then to be unprepared and need a skill and not have it.

Stay prepared, Stay Safe.”

© 2015 SSD TACTICAL TRAINING, INC.® | Terms of Use Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners | View our Privacy Policy

***

115 thoughts on “Mission Statement”

1. Matt says:

Me and my dad just took concealed carry course and it was great.Dave is very knowledgable and offers more information than others in the area. I will be taking more of the advanced courses once i have my ltc

1. Mary Ann says:

Great course! Dave is very knowledgeable. He made the class anything but boring and the 8 hours went by fast. I learned a lot and had a good time. Everyone was safe during the firing session. I highly recommend this course. The price was well worth it.

2. Sean says:

Took a certified basic pistol course so I could get my LTC. The info I was given was anything but basic. I was very impressed with the knowledge and expertise in every aspect to guns. From gun saftey, storage, shooting…. Our instructor was Dave. I have gone back 3 more times to take a more advanced tactical training class and a self defense class. Both of those classes were Awesome! I generally don’t do the whole (review thing) but was so impressed with this facility I figured I had to. I will definitely be taking more classes!

3. Gianna says:

My friend and I participated in the women’s self defense class with Dave, It was extremely informative. I loved being able to learn many useful tactics in not being the victim, knowing your surroundings, and learning how to defend yourself if you need to. We practiced many drills and went into physical training. This class taught many useful tools how to be cautious and aware. Can’t wait for the next class!

4. Gianna says:

My friend and I attended the ltc course with Dave, he was great at explaining many details about what we needed to know. I learned many new things in the class and he kept it real, and fun while he was going over everything. My friend got his license to carry and I will be applying for mine soon. Overall very informative.

5. Gianna says:

I had a self defense class on Friday with Dave one on one, we trained hard and put everything learned from the previous class in motion, it was an amazing also an awesome workout!

6. Peter Bochene says:

I attended the multi-state LTC class. Dave was great, informative and personable. I learnt a lot because he is thorough. He truly cares about gun safety. I highly recommend him for your permit requirements.

7. Warren castonguay says:

I have taken two of daves classes. The basic pistol
    And the Utah multi state course. Both classes were very informative. Being around guns for my whole life I
    Still learned many things in these classes. Dave is a great guy and always makes you feel comfortable. Daves classes are good for everybody. From people who know a lot about guns or people who have no experience at all with guns.

8. Brandon says:

Took the class with Dave a month back for my Utah conceal carry and he was one of the best instructors I have come across drove 2 hrs from the cape to take the course and it was well worth the drive great information and learned allot more then I had previous knowledge of. 10/10 just really went into detail over ever aspect of the laws and allot of questions I had. Great course great classroom and Daves a great person to deal with also

9. Bonnie says:

I took Daves Class last week and was beyond impressed with Daves professionalism and impressive ways to teach a class. I had never shot a gun in my life before his class and he taught me with instruction and guidence how to be calm and shot with confidence. I highly recommend his class and all he represents 🙂

10. Jodee says:

Two weeks ago I took my LTC class at SSD Tactical Training. At first I was a little nervous not knowing what to expect. Director of Training, David Williams did an excellent job with presenting the material and making the entire process interesting and fun. His experience and know-how on the subject is second to none.

At the end of the class we were able to practice shooting on targets which also made for a nice keepsake. I’m looking forward to doing more hand to hand training that he offers at his facility as well.

If you are interested in arming yourself with the tools needed for self-defense and personal protection I highly recommend giving SSD Tactical Training a try–you will be happy that you did.

1. Juan Vargas says:

How much is the course.
      I have my safty certificate only

Hi,

What safety certificate do you have? Is it a license to carry a firearm you mean? Please call us at 413-204-0592 so we can discuss what you’re looking for.

11. Jennifer Calkins says:

Super awesome basic firearms course! Dave’s practical knowledge, combined with the hands on training, made this course exceptional! I look forward to attending more classes here and highly recommend SSD Tactical Training.

12. Jonathan Newell says:

I have had many instructors for school and other certifications before and although I have never been to a firearms course before a few weeks ago at SSD Tactical Training, I am inclined to believe that this facility and the instructor are the best in the area. Very impressive. Dave had my attention with every single word – that is not an easy feat. I highly recommend learning from his experience.

13. Jackie says:

Just finished an SSD Tactical Training course (MPTC Basic Firearms Safety Course)..Truly an awesome experience…Dave is extremely knowledgable and skilled…he implemented lecture, videos and hands on tactics which made the course not only fun but very interesting and informative…had a blast and plan on using SSD for future Training ..Thanks!

14. Stacey says:

15. Gina says:

Took the basic pistol safety/MA LTC course today, and I would recommend it to anyone. Dave was very knowledgeable and able to answer any question I had. I plan on taking more courses with him, like the intermediate course this spring. Definitely a great experience, don’t hesitate to sign up.

16. Jesus rosa says:

took the LTC course this past Sunday and it’s a great course Dave knows what he talking about very knowledgeable, ready to answer all questions.

17. Dominic says:

Yesterday, I took Dave’s MA/CT Basic Course and was extremely satisfied with the amount of knowledge that I left with. Dave has a strong background in firearm safety and I definitely plan on going back for the other classes he offers.

18. Shamsiddin Haqq says:

Just completed the LTC Ma. CT. On Saturday, and it was very informative and thorough.Dave is very good at what he does .I will be attending Dave’s intermediate class once I get my LTC.

19. Ela says:

I just want to take a minute and thank you from a button of my heart for all the teaching and hard work that you do you really do take the time dont mind explaining all the things answers all the questions and top of all you are so comedown I’m so happy &Proud of my self because of you thank you a million times to Dave and hes assistant was my pleasure beeing in your class We had a wonderful experience! Dave is a professional, knowledgeable and patient instructor. It’s evident he has a lot of experience in the field!!! I would highly recommend this class to anyone.

1. Dan Salamon says:

I highly recommend taking first time shooters coarses here, or advanced. Dave is very knowledgeable about any questions you may have about all states and or local laws. Definitely taught me a lot that I was unaware of as a gun owner of many years. Can’t say much more then to absolutely go to his coarses great instructor A++++++++++++

20. Jenn says:

I’d been wanting to get my LTC for some time now and when I saw this class being offered I signed up right away. I’m so glad I chose this class, I left feeling confident and comfortable handling a firearm. I especially liked the amount of time we spent handling the different firearms and learning to load and unload the ammunition. I think a lot of women find firearms intimidating so it’s great that we were not only allowed to experience live fire, but also learn about all the parts. I liked that we were able to observe Dave clean his Glock as well. Very thorough class overall, I’d highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get their LTC.

21. Alison says:

I took this course the end of February, and I highly recommend this class. I’ve taken a similar class, and this was by far the best. Dave Williams (the instructor) was very informative and knowledgeable. He answered every question, and took his time explaining every aspect of gun safety. Thanks Dave for a fun time.

22. Crystal says:

I took this course and I was completely amazed! Dave is a great instructor. he didn’t miss a beat he covered all the basics and beyond. Gun safety is very important and anyone thinking of becoming a gun owner I would highly recommend them to take this course with Dave Williams. It’s not just a class it’s hands on. Best way to learn! Thanks again to Dave and his wife Crystal. You both are awesome!

23. Wendy says:

My husband and I took the LTC course this past weekend. Our instructor Dave was great. We would both highly recommend taking this class with him. He was very knowledgeable, provided hands on experience during class, has a wealth of information available during, and after class, and we finished with target practice. It was a great experience. You won’t be disappointed.

24. Sheena w says:

Dave was awesome I took a basic Ltd class with him he was very informative & made the class fun I would recommend this class to friends & im thinking about going back for women’s self defense class and a advanced Ltd class

25. Leah says:

I am so glad I chose SSD Tactical Training for my basic LTC course. This class is top notch, informative and hands on. Dave is a professional in every way and a great instructor. I have recommended SSD to several friends who are looking to acquire their LTC. Thank you so much!

26. Cheryl says:

I took the Women’s only class for the LTC course. Dave was a great teacher and very knowledgeable about gun safety, but also the laws. I would recommend this class to anyone looking to take a class for their LTC, and any other classes that SSD offers.

27. Patrick Kane says:

My wife and me took the Basic LTC Course and it was very informative and interactive. I had experience with guns and my wife had not but she felt very comfortable and was able to really learn a lot and enjoy nth day.’
    I will be taking more advanced classes / courses with SSD and Dave.

28. Keith says:

I took the MA/CT (LTC) firearms safety course. It is very clear to the extent of Dave’s training and background that his classes and knowledge are second to none. The class was serious yet entertaining and enjoyable. I would recommend anyone who is looking to take classes and obtain their LTC to get their training at SSD. I look forward to taking advanced classes in the future.

29. Jessica says:

My husband and I took the Basic LTC course together. It was a great experienc,e and learned much more about safety and handling of guns than I anticipated. It was a great experience and Dave made it enjoyable. His knowledge and background are very impressive.

30. Carol says:

Was in the June 12th class and thought it was great. As a novice I appreciated the level of “hands on” as well as practical nature of Dave’s teaching and advise. Would recommend Dave’s class for all levels of experience. Thanks.

31. Amber LaMontagne says:

I was in the MA/CT/Utah certification class on June 25, 2016. Dave is extremely knowledgeable and held our attention all day. He understands the importance of what needs to be taught and provides ways to teaching in an interesting way. I learned so much and have more confidence in the safety and operation of a firearm. I really enjoyed this class with Dave and Crystal and would absolutely take another one!

32. Bill S says:

Great basic program for the introduction to guns and gun safety necessary for your LTC. Dave is extremely professional and knows his stuff !

33. William Mick says:

When are your next classes. Thanks

1. tact21 says:

The next classes are July 16 and 24 and August 6, 7, 14, 21, 28. July-Sept classes are posted on our training calendar as well. Feel free to call if you have any further questions, 413-204-0592. Thank You and Stay Safe!

34. Robert "Muzzy" Muzzioli says:

I am so glad I came across this! I’ve been talking about doing this for a long time, and now Thank all here for the information and confidence with this course provided. See you in August!’

35. Scott LaChapelle says:

Dave is hands down the best instructor I’ve ever had. I have been using firearms for about 45 years, so I expected I would be bored in the Basic LTC Course, which I took with my wife who has never used firearms. Man, was I wrong! Dave made the class very interesting and engaging for the both of us, and we learned a lot. Dave has outstanding credentials, and he continually used real life examples to illustrate what he was teaching us. You will leave this class with a solid understanding of a variety of firearms, ammo, shooting techniques, firearms laws, and safe gun handling and storage practices. I look forward to taking the advanced classes!

36. Alex Clapprood says:

Today’s class was great. We were given all important information on how to safely handle fire arms. The class moved at a great pace, information was organized in an easily understandable manner and the hands on was awesome. Dave did an awesome job and I would recommend this course to friends and family!

37. Melanie M says:

I took the license to carry class at SSD. Prior to this class I knew nothing about guns and have never seen a real gun up close. The way Dave presented the material helped me to to understand how to SAFELY handle and carry firearms. I feel more confident and he took the fear out of carrying and using a firearm. I would highly recommend.

38. Iesha says:

Class was amazing!!! Dave was very informative and kept the class fun. Highly recommend this class to anyone.

39. Lorrie Smith says:

I took the recent 4 hour LTC course and I went in with a little knowledge but I came out feeling confident and feeling well educated.
    I really like the way that Dave watched us handle and manipulate the guns and amo to make sure we knew what we were doing,
    Having to understand every aspect of safety to making sure you always educate even the children are points we think of when there in our homes but now I will be sure to go into more detail about their friends homes.
    Thank you SSD tactical Mr. David Williams
    Great experience and I will be recommending your class to everyone.

40. Peter Butler says:

After reviewing your site I am interested in a few courses you have listed. Intermediate and advanced pistol courses as well as the Firearm Retention course. Are they available to attend and if so do you have a calendar showing the schedule?

Peter,

We are making our Fall schedule for class. Please follow our facebook page. We post our classes on there as well. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 413-204-0592.

Stay Safe

41. YD says:

Just took the LTC class. Dave, the instructor, is very knowledge and patient! From registration to live fire, I could get detailed replies/answers right away. No complaints. Thumb up! BTW, Dave’s team is also great.

42. Nicole Gralla says:

When is you next multi state LTC course?

Hi, Nicole.

Our MA/CT License to carry course allows you to apply in many states. Are you looking for the Utah class as well? Please call us at 413-204-0592 with any questions.

43. Kelsie says:

Awesome class, I learned a lot. Dave is very knowledgeable and a great teacher I definitely recommend SSD Tactical Training with Dave to all my friends.

Stay Safe

44. Matene says:

The LTC Firearms Safety Course with Dave was great! He was very experienced and very well-informed! I enjoyed the class tremendously and have already begun to recommend it others.

Thank you Matene.

Stay Safe

45. Jim Kennedy says:

I used to have the LTC, but let it expire years ago…Unfortunately. But I was certainly glad I chose Dave to get me back on track! The class is not boring, for Dave is an excellent speaker that keeps it interesting. His instructors on live fire are great! They are there every step of the way. I’m a bit rusty, but take it from me, any adjustment they recommend (even the smallest) makes a HUGE difference in your shooting performance. I had training with weapons in the military, as well as countless times with the Department of Correction to be weapons certified. This place is WELL WORTH IT! After I get in the swing of things once again, I will be taking other classes as well…..And purchasing my firearms through them, too! Huge thanks to all the staff at SSD!

1. tact21 says:

Thank you for the kind words Jim.
      Give us a call if you have any questions.

Stay Safe

SSD Tactical Training, Inc.

46. Chris B. says:

My wife and I just took the live fire LTC class and we both left there very happy. The classroom portion was was great and Dave made sure you were ready for the range portion. You leave the experience with a wealth of information and confidence. I’ve already recommended this class to 3 other people! We had a great time!

1. tact21 says:

Thank you Chris. Give is a call if you have any questions.

Stay Safe

SSD Tactical Training, Inc.

47. Sherry says:

Went to Dave’s class today and it was fantastic. Dave is very knowledgeable and friendly. He answered everyone’s questions, made the presentation interesting and had hands on practice loading various firearms with dummy rounds while we listened. I left his class feeling much more comfortable with safety and the laws governing firearms. The live fire was great as well, one on one instruction and Dave was very patient while teaching us. I have already recommended Dave to others and look forward to seeking out classes from him as I am ready to learn more.

Sherry,

Thank you for the kind words. We’re glad you enjoyed the class.

Stay Safe

48. Kevin Lassonde says:

Is it one claas for each state or does the class cover multiple states? I have my ct and want ma. My girlfriend has neither and we were wondering if we could be in a class together to get what we both want?

Hi Kevin,

Yes, one day. Please contact us at 413-204-0592 so we can talk further. This class is what you’re looking for. You can do the class the together.
      Looking forward to talking with you.

49. Dominik B. says:

Dave taught the course extremely well and was knowledgable with the material. I’m glad I picked SSD Tactical Training and I recommend this to anyone yet to take a course.

1. tact21 says:

Thank you Dominik. Glad you enjoyed the course.

Stay Safe

50. Lisa M. says:

The LTC class was great. Dave keeps the class interesting and I learned a lot. I would highly recommend SSD Tactical to anyone looking to get their LTC. Thank you again Dave.

1. tact21 says:

Thank you lisa. Glad you enjoyed the class. Stay Safe.