Concealed Carry and Self Defense Pistol Course (Live Fire)
Course will be conducted inside & outside.
This course requires the participant to be in good physical health and have good manual dexterity). Must have a valid License to Carry before attending this course.
This course consists of some of the following topics:
Classroom Portion will include:
- The Law of Deadly/Lethal Force/Use of Force, De-escalation of Force/ Violence,
- Massachusetts Law of Self Defense and what to do after the incident
- Legal and Civil Issues
- Different levels of stress
- Secure Holster and Concealment Options
- Drawing, moving and shooting from Multiple Positions
- Discussion of clothing options for proper firearm concealment.
- Handgun Retention Techniques
- Proper Stances, Proper Grip, Proper Sight Alignment, Proper Sight picture, Proper Trigger Control, Proper Breathing control, Clearing Firearm Malfunctions,
- Identifying concealment v. cover.
- How to Stop a Traumatic bleed. (Use of Tourniquets and wound packing)
- Self-Defense Techniques
Range Portion will include:
Tactical Reloading, Administrative Reloading, Increasing your accuracy at different distances, Shooting while seated, Shooting from different kneeling positions, One hand shooting (Strong side/ Support side) and much more positions.
This course supersedes the Springfield, MA and Longmeadow, MA Police Departments requirements to apply for an Unrestricted License to Carry.
Required Equipment for the range:
- Eye and Ear Protection
- 150 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Your own pistol with minimum 3 magazines,
- Functional holster (inside the waist or outside the waist. Holster must stay open when drawing your firearm so you can re-holster. NO Cheap Airsoft holsters)
- Personal First-Aid Kit
- Baseball Style Hat
- Plenty of Water and snacks for yourself
- Sturdy foot wear
- Wear appropriate clothing (No flip Flops or Tank Tops)