Concealed Carry and Self Defense Pistol Course (Live Fire)
Date: Saturday 07/18/2020
Time: 9:30am to approx 12:30pm
Course will be conducted outside.
This course requires the participant to be in good physical health and have good manual dexterity). Must have a valid License to Carry before attending this course.
This course consists of some of the following topics:
Classroom Portion will include:
- The Law of Deadly/Lethal Force/Use of Force, De-escalation of Force/ Violence,
- Massachusetts Law of Self Defense and what to do after the incident
- Legal issues/ Civil Liability
- Different levels of stress
- Secure Holster and Concealment Options
- Drawing, moving and shooting from Multiple Positions
- Discussion of clothing options for proper firearm concealment.
- Handgun Retention Techniques
- Proper Stances, Proper Grip, Proper Sight Alignment, Proper Sight picture, Proper Trigger Control, Proper Breathing control, Clearing Firearm Malfunctions,
- Identifying concealment v. cover.
- How to Stop a Traumatic bleed. (Use of Tourniquets and wound packing)
- Self-Defense Techniques
Range Portion will include:
Tactical Reloading, Administrative Reloading, Increasing your accuracy at different distances, Shooting while seated, Shooting from different kneeling positions, One hand shooting (Strong side/ Support side)
This course supersedes the Springfield, MA and Longmeadow, MA Police Departments requirements to apply for an Unrestricted License to Carry.
Required Equipment for the range:
- Eye and Ear Protection
- 100 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Your own pistol with minimum 3 magazines,
- Functional holster (inside the waist or outside the waist. Holster must stay open when drawing your firearm so you can re-holster. NO Cheap Airsoft holsters)
- Personal First-Aid Kit
- Baseball Style Hat
- Plenty of Water and snacks for yourself
- Sturdy foot wear
- Wear appropriate clothing (No flip Flops or Tank Tops)