Forming Certification Classes now! Cost is $50
If interested please contact us.
Qualified retired law enforcement officers/ Military Law Enforcement!
In 18 USC § 926C(c), “qualified retired law enforcement officer” is defined as an individual who:
- separated from service in good standing from service with a public agency as a law enforcement officer;
- before such separation, was authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and had statutory powers of arrest or apprehension under section 807(b) of title 10, United States Code (article 7(b) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice);
- before such separation, served as a law enforcement officer for an aggregate of 10 years or more; or separated from service with such agency, after completing any applicable probationary period of such service, due to a service-connected disability, as determined by such agency;
- during the most recent 12-month period, has met, at the expense of the individual, the standards for qualification in firearms training for active law enforcement officers, as determined by the former agency of the individual, the State in which the individual resides or, if the State has not established such standards, either a law enforcement agency within the State in which the individual resides or the standards used by a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State;
- has not been officially found by a qualified medical professional employed by the agency to be unqualified for reasons relating to mental health and as a result of this finding will not be issued photographic identification; or has not entered into an agreement with the agency from which the individual is separating from service in which that individual acknowledges he or she is not qualified under this section for reasons relating to mental health and for those reasons will not receive or accept photographic identification;
- is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and
- is not prohibited by Federal law from receiving a firearm.
Additionally, the individual must carry either:
- photographic identification issued by the agency from which the individual separated from service as a law enforcement officer that identifies the person as having been employed as a police officer or law enforcement officer and indicates that the individual has, not less recently than one year before the date the individual is carrying the concealed firearm, been tested or otherwise found by the agency to meet the active duty standards for qualification in firearms training as established by the agency to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm; or
- photographic identification issued by the agency from which the individual separated from service as a law enforcement officer that identifies the person as having been employed as a police officer or law enforcement officer; and a certification issued by the State in which the individual resides or by a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State that indicates that the individual has, not less than one year before the date the individual is carrying the concealed firearm, been tested or otherwise found by the State or a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State to have met the active duty standards for qualification in firearms training, as established by the State, to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm; or if the State has not established such standards, standards set by any law enforcement agency within that State to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm.
Massachusetts Attorney General Assault Weapons Ban Enforcement
(Private sales/ transfers of so called assault weapons)
Q: What if I already own a gun that is a copy or duplicate?
- If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault Weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.
- The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal.
- Individual/private sales are exempt if gun was obtained on or before July 20, 2016. Hope this clarify’s things.
“Cheap Training Is Not Good Training,
Good Training Is Not Cheap,
You Get What You Pay For!!!”
1st ANNUAL GUN RAFFLE
We are raffling off a Dickenson XX3T-2 Self-Defense pump-shotgun.
$10 per ticket. Limited tickets will be sold.
Raffle will be held on October 09, 2017 (Columbus Day) (Earlier if sold out)
(Winner must have an active License to carry permit or a Firearms Identification Card. No exceptions) (Raffle is non-transferrable)
If interested contact:
SSD Tactical Training, Inc.
This class will be held on JULY ,29, 2017
(This class is taught by retired/veteran police officers)
(Min. of 4 people to hold this class Max size is 6)
Must take this course before taking the Advanced Level Pistol Course
Time of Class will be 9am-1pm (Times are approximate)
The course will consist of the following topics and essential skills which require approx. 200-300 rounds of pistol ammunition:
- Range Safety
- Legal issues
- Proper Stances
- Proper Grip
- Proper Sight Alignment
- Proper Sight picture
- Proper Trigger Control
- Proper Breath control
- Clearing Firearm Malfunctions
- Multiple shots at multiple Targets
- Tactical Reloading
- Administrative Reloading
- Increasing your accuracy at different distances
- Shooting while properly moving forward, laterally and backwards
- Failure Drills
- One hand shooting (Strong side/ Support side)
- Shooting from concealment
- Shooting different types of targets
- All course of fire will be from 0 – 15 yards.
- Participants MUST bring their Active License To Carry (Must have an active pistol permit. NO EXCEPTIONS) and other items as follows:
- Eye Protection (Safety Glasses)
- Baseball style hat
- Ear Protection
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Their Firearm they wish to shoot. .22cal-.45 ACP
- Ammunition for their firearm
Don’t Miss Out On Our Summer Promotion!! Now until the end of August our Firearms Safety Classes (both Live Fire & Non Live Fire) will receive a 10% OFF Firearm Purchase Certificate on the day of class. Go to our training calendar for class dates, www.ssdtacticaltraining.com.
Please call if you have any questions, 413-204-0592. We’ll be training with you soon!
Stay Informed, Stay Prepared and Stay Safe